Office, Events, and Promotions Assistant-
Posting Date July 12, 2018
Location: Whitby, ON
1-year Contract: 42-45K
Send resumes to Donna Hartlen, Executive Director, email@example.com
The GBS/CIDP Foundation of Canada, a non-profit organization, seeking an Entry Level Office, Events, and Promotions Assistant.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Office, Events, and Promotions Assistant role provides administrative support to the director, ensuring efficient operation of the office. The Events and Promotions Assistant ‘s part of the role will assist in the implementation of educational events, walks, support meetings, awareness projects or other program initiatives for the 2018|2019 program year. The assistant will communicate via phone and email with volunteers and board members involved with the foundation activities and project activities. Relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. As this position will deal with confidential and time-sensitive materials, the Assistant has the duty to respect confidentiality and complete accurate, high quality tasks in a timely manner
• Answer and return phone calls, direct patient-caregiver calls to the
appropriate regional volunteers
• Order Supplies
• Book travel arrangements
• Receive and reconcile volunteer reimbursements
• Maintain monthly budget report
• Receive, sort, and distribute the mail
• Send thank you letters to online donors by email
• Carry out general administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying,
binding, scanning etc.
• Prepare Information packages for mailing to patients and clinics
• Data Management
• Maintain the foundation event calendar
• Assist in event and promotions planning, such as, park permits, venue
locations, catering, etc.
• Duties will also include date management and assistance implementing e-
marketing materials, as needed.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Strong typing skills
• Able to work independently, but also a team player
• Professional with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task
and prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• College or University Degree
• 1-3 years of related experience in coordinating events, promotions, or booth
• Familiar with varied social media platforms
• Experience with Canada Help’s donation, events, and fundraising tools,
although a plus, we are willing to train the right candidate.