Location: Canada with travel, requires flexible days/hours up to 37.5 per week
1-year Independent contract: 42-45K
Send resume to Donna Hartlen, Executive Director; email => email@example.com
The GBS/CIDP Foundation of Canada, a non-profit organization, is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the volunteer coordinator is responsible for all aspects of volunteer recruitment, retention, activities, policy creation and revision, and training. Relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required. As this position will deal with confidential materials, the Coordinator has the duty to respect confidentiality at all times.
Candidates should be comfortable dealing with people and must posses excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques
- Create and revise volunteer policies
- Create volunteer training modules and conduct training
- Guides volunteers in their first support group meetings
- Maintain and distribute volunteer documentation
- Communicate Foundation updates to volunteers
- Work with staff, the board, event chairs, to secure volunteers for foundation activities
- Coordinate patient support with support volunteers.
- Check-In with patients to make sure needs are being met
- Experience in volunteering locally or internationally
- Experience in recruiting through various channels
- Event planning experience an asset
- Able to work independently, but also a team player
- Professional with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual an asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Familiar with varied social media platforms
- Must be able to invoice with a GST account
- Proficient in MS Office
- BSc/BA in business administration, human resources, social studies, or relevant field will be appreciated